Every bride does it. Hell – even single ladies are doing it. The wedding boards on Pinterest are overflowing with great ideas for your Columbus wedding this year. Recently, the folks over at Pinterest determined what’s hot in the world of weddings for 2016 by looking at the volume of weddings-related searches on the site and some of the top trending wedding pins. Here’s what they concluded are among the top trends of the year:
1. Unplugged ceremonies. The site has seen a 600 percent increase in pins saved on this topic. Brides and Grooms have started asking folks to be in the moment with them and leave the photo taking to the professionals.
2. Mismatched bridesmaid dresses. Searches are up 50 percent. The glam look this year is to let your ladies pick what they like. Tie the look together by asking your girls to wear the same shoes, or to do their hair the same way!
3. Food trucks. Searches are up 30 percent this year. It makes for a great alternative to the traditional seated wedding dinner. If your ceremony and reception are at a park or outdoor venue, the walkable food that a food truck provides is the perfect way to serve guests. Some of our favorite Columbus Food Trucks include Sweet Carrot, Explorer’s Club, and the Green Meanie.
4. Honeymoon funds. Searches are up 200 percent this year.
5. Toss bars — such as confetti, flower petals or popcorn. Pinterest has seen a 30 percent increase in the number of pins saved on this topic.
Be sure and work with our team of professionals to make sure your wedding day comes together just the way you want it to, whether or not you choose to go with any of these fun trends.